Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Father Daughter Dance Recital

We just got back from a fun family vacation in the Texas Hill Country. I always enjoy spending time there and we were lucky enough to encounter a very rare cool front that brought the day time temperatures down to 78 degrees F.

So, things have been so busy with summer library programs and getting ready for the trip that I didn't get a chance to write about our recent Father-Daughter dance recital.

Madeleine is such an amazing girl. She loves ballet and is really quite good at it. She just turned four less than two months ago but her teacher wants to put her in the class with 5-7 year olds.

I always said I would never be one of those parents who thought that their kid was the smartest, fastest, most beautiful gift the earth had ever recieved. My wife and I made a pact on it, in fact.

And then, as fate would have it, our dauther actually IS the smartest, fastest, most beautiful gift the earth has ever recieved.

You may wonder where I am in the picture. This is from her solo. You aren't missing anything good.

No comments: