Monday, December 02, 2019

The Best Texas Summer Reading Program Artwork I Could Find


"The Storyteller"©Scott Gustafson; all rights reserved
As I try to create the best, fun, magic puppet show, artwork is an important consideration. I'm a magician and a motivational speaker, but my ability to draw is quite limited. I recently contracted with an amazing artist to license his artwork titled “The Storyteller” for my show this summer. Like the artwork commissioned by the CSLP Collaborative Summer Library Program, Scott Gustafson's artwork includes imagery of a native American. Unlike the CLSP artwork controversy, however, Scott's imagery carries no religious significance, but is rather a wonderful inclusive design element that I find to be brilliantly executed and fantastically rendered.

I hope that you get a chance to have my show at your library this summer. Our license of Scott's amazing artwork includes the printing and distribution of full-size, full-color posters to help promote the show in your school or library. While we can't sell the posters, we are able to give 3 of them, at no charge, to any organization that books our program this summer. I'm almost as excited about Scott's amazing artwork as I am about the hilarious, elementary school magic puppet show assembly program we've created. Of course, like all of our shows for public library programs we will be offering an educational version beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. This will be one of the 15+ elementary school assembly shows we offer.

No comments: