Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What's up with this weather?

It's supposed to be fall but it still feels like a muggy summer day. It was cool there for a while, and I know it will eventually come back, but I'd really like it to feel like fall for just a little bit. Houston, Texas is tough that way.

Most of you know that I do Texas Educational motivational school assembly programs and many of the people who read this blog have hired me to do their Texas summer reading club programs. I love doing these shows and I'm really excited about a new program that we're offering for THIS DECEMBER that will also be the program of choice for the Texas SRC in 2010. It is a tribute to Chris Van Allsburg and since so many schools do a unit on The Polar Express during December, this is a great tie-in.

It's just hard to get into The Polar Express mode when it is 80 degrees outside :-(

I'm thinking cold because I'll be flying to New York in a few days to visit a friend who is a New York, New Jersey and Connecticut school show presenter with a new program on the six 6 pillars of character education and he wants me to check it out. I'm looking forward to it. He's a great performer who has helped me in several of my shows.


No comments: